How Animal Reiki Helps Heal
Reiki is a form of energy medicine that guides universal life energy through a practitioner’s hands along energetic pathways. These “energy routes” promote healing on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels. The energy is directed via intention from the healer to the recipient, whether it is a person or animal. Reiki practitioners do not take credit for healing, and they are not responsible if healing does not transpire. They simply act as a natural conduit, enabling the intelligent energy to flow where it is needed most by the recipient.
What is Animal Reiki and how does it work?
Mary Walters, RN describes Animal Reiki as follows: “Animals have the same energy systems as humans (meridians, chakras, aura, etc.), so they benefit from its treatment too.”
Extremely intuitive, animals are very sensitive to the energies of their surroundings. Animal Reiki is a healing energy that can be employed alone or simultaneously with other healing practices, equalizing energy patterns and fortifying the animal’s natural healing systems. When the animal’s healing capabilities are at optimal performance, its body, mind and spirit can heal.
To achieve all the benefits of Animal Reiki, it’s important that the animal feels secure enough to cooperate with the practitioner. During a Reiki session, it’s possible for animals to frequently experience intense tranquility as the Reiki clears imbalances, encouraging new and harmonious patterns of health and wellness to emerge.
Naturally, distant work applies to animals as well. In fact, animals are even more connected to the energies of the earth and universe than we are. They don’t have egos or internal dialogue to cause interference. That’s why physical contact is not a requirement for Animal Reiki and traditionally the practitioner offers Reiki to the animal hands off. This way, the animal controls the treatment, either accepting Reiki from a distance or leaning on the practitioner’s hands.
There is also no downside to using Reiki as a harmonizing treatment technique. It is soothing, painless, non-invasive, and safe for animals. Reiki’s healing energy will go where it is needed in the animal’s body. The average length of an Animal Reiki treatment is 30-60 minutes.
Reiki helps animals by:
- ● Maintaining health and happiness with recurring sessions.
- ● Assisting with pain management for animals who are chronically ill, injured, or as part of postoperative recovery.
- ● Encouraging rest and quietude for animals with emotional issues, separation anxiety, or stress before surgery.
- ● Bolstering the human to animal bond. A wonderful way to ease an animal’s assimilation into a new home or to enrich training.
- ● Providing peace and comfort to a dying pet by facilitating the passage to death.For the best experience, ideally, you should look for a Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner. The LET Animals Lead® certification program is particularly revolutionary. Its energy healing methodology enriches animals lives by reverencing their prowess, acumen, and free rein. The Let Animals Lead® method is more than an exceptional, animal-guided approach to Reiki for animals. It’s also a journey that allows humans and animals to live together with more stability, tranquility, and joy.